Jonathan Majors Sentenced In Assault Of Ex-Girlfriend

[ad_1]

Jonathan Majors has reached the last leg of his assault case involving his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari. On Monday (April 8), a judge sentenced the ‘Creed III” actor to probation and counseling. As previously reported, a Manhattan jury convicted Majors of misdemeanor assault and harassment in December.

Judge Michael Gaffey also ordered Jonathan to take part in a 52-week in-person batterer’s intervention program and continued mental health therapy, per the Associated Press. The judge agreed to the conditional discharge after noting that both sides in the case agreed the charges did not warrant jail time.

He was initially facing up to a year in prison. Note that he could still end up behind bars if he violates his probation terms. Those terms include a no-contact order with Grace.

After the sentencing, Majors reportedly did not comment as he left the courtroom.

RELATED: Jonathan Majors Accused Of Physical Abuse By Two More Women

Grace Jabbari Reportedly Speaks At Jonathan Majors’ Sentencing

During a victim impact statement Monday, Jabbari said the incident left her with extreme emotional and physical pain.

“He’s not sorry. He has not accepted responsibility,” she said. “He will do this again, and he will hurt other women, he believes he is above the law.” 

Jabbari said Majors had made her believe the two were in a loving relationship, but, in reality, he isolated her from the rest of the world and cut her off from family and friends.

“I was so emotionally dependent on him,” she said. “I became a different person around him — small, scared and vulnerable.”

And while this criminal case chapter is closed for Jonathan, Jabbari has plans to get him back in the courtroom. Last month, Jabbari filed a civil suit in Manhattan federal court. In the suit, she accused the actor of assault, battery, defamation, and inflicting emotional distress, per AP.

She claims Majors subjected her to escalating incidents of physical and verbal abuse during their relationship, which lasted from 2021 to 2023.

Majors’ lawyers have declined to respond to the claims, saying only that they are preparing to file counterclaims against Jabbari.

Here’s What Happened In The Assault Case

The conviction stemmed from an altercation last March in whichMajors’’ then-girlfriend Grace Jabbari accused him of attacking her in the backseat of a chauffeured car, saying he hit her head with his open hand, twisted her arm behind her back and squeezed her middle finger until it fractured.

Majors claimed the 31-year-old British dancer was the aggressor, flying into a jealous rage after reading a text message from another woman on his phone. He maintained he was only trying to regain his phone and get away from Jabbari safely.

RELATED: Surveillance Footage Of Jonathan Majors & Grace Jabbari On Night Of Alleged Altercation Is Released (VIDEO)

His legal efforts to get his conviction tossed out reportedly failed in court last week. At the time, his lawyers addressed what’s next for the actor.”

“As he eagerly anticipates closing this chapter, he looks forward to redirecting his time and energy fully toward his family and his art,” Majors’ lawyers said in a statement.

Today, Attorney Priya Chaudhry said he’s “committed to growing as a person” and will approach the court-mandated programs with “an open heart.” They again plan to appeal.

It’s unclear what the sentencing will bring for Jonathan career-wise. Following the guilty verdict last year, Marvel Studios immediately dropped the actor. At the time, he was cast as Kang the Conqueror, a role envisioned as the main villain in the entertainment empire’s movies and television shows for years to come.

One thing the actor can seem to count on at this time is his girlfriend, Meagan Good, stickin’ beside him. The actress has publicly stood by him through the trial and today at his sentencing. Like her man, she did not comment on the outcome.

RELATED: 4 Lifers? Jonathan Majors And Meagan Good Reveal Where Their Relationship Stands Following His Guilty Verdicts (Video)

Associated Press reporter Philip Marcelo contributed to this report. 



[ad_2]

Source link-

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *